ABOUT THIS SHOW
This is the first stage play from celebrated mystery writer Ian Rankin.
It’s been 25 years since Alfred Chalmers was convicted of the gruesome murder of four young women in Edinburgh. Isobel McArthur, Scotland’s first Chief Constable, was responsible for putting him behind bars, but the case has haunted her ever since.
Now, with retirement approaching, McArthur decides the time has come for answers. To uncover the truth, she revisits the case and interviews Chalmers for the first time in decades. But her decision rips opens old wounds and McArthur is soon caught up in a web of corruption, psychological mind-games and deceit that threatens not only her own life, but those of her fellow officers and even her own daughter.
Tense, gritty and hard-hitting, Dark Road is the first ever stage play from bestselling crime writer Ian Rankin, co-written by the Royal Lyceum’s Artistic Director Mark Thomson.
WATCH & LISTEN
Check back here for pictures, video and audio relating to the production
CAST & ARTISTS
- Playwrights - Ian Rankin and Mark Thomson
- Director - Chris Lam
- Assistant Director - Melanie Yeats
- Scenic Design - Stephanie Wong
- Costume Design - Julie White
- Lighting Design - Patrick J. Smith
- Sound Design - James Coomber
- Props Design - Hannah Kim
- Vocal Coach - Erin Ormond
- Dialect Coach - Eileen Barrett
- Stage Manager - Sony Tsai
- Assistant Stage Manager - Claire Shrestha
- Fight Director - Richard Meen
IN REPERTORY WITH
2 Hours, fifteen minutes with interval
ETC does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects (such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact us at email@example.com
Preview Performances: July 9
Sunday Brunch Reading: July 22 @ 11:30 AM
Matinée Performance: July 22 @ 2 PM