General Auditions for our 2018 Summer Repertory Festival will be held February 2018. Auditions are by appointment only.
The Artistic Director works in concert with the directors to make casting decisions for the season's productions.
All submissions and auditioners will be considered for a place in the acting company - for 2018, approximately 16 actors will be playing and understudying roles in our three-show festival. Every actor cast will be in two of our three productions.
Outside of auditions, if you are performing in a local production and would like Artistic Director Tariq Leslie to see your work onstage, please send an email to Tariq (at) ensembletheatrecompany.ca. Please do not submit audition materials to this address.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (Please Read Thoroughly)
Ensemble Theatre Company strongly encourages submissions from artists of all ethno-cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to diverse casting, and aim for a gender-balanced company every year.
- Please submit by email only. Submissions may be directed to auditions (at) ensembletheatrecompany.ca.
- Cover letters must be in the body of the email.
- Résumé and headshot in a single PDF file labeled with family name first. (i.e.: DOE, John/Jane)
- Auditions are by appointment only. Please note that due to the volume of submissions received, only those selected to audition will be contacted.
AUDITIONS & AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
- General Auditions are ONLY for actors who have NOT been seen by our Artistic Director in the last 2 years.
- Please prepare contrasting monologues:
- One classic (from the Greek, Elizabethan, Jacobean or Restoration periods)
- One contemporary (mid-to-late 20th Century to the present)
- Midnight January 31, 2018.
- Submissions received after this time will not be considered for auditions.
Callbacks will also be held in February 2018 (Callbacks will include those selected from General Auditions from the current, and possibly prior years).